- Stimulus money spent on rail has gotten nearly as much scorn as Sloyndra but Michael Grunwald1)Who wrote a whole book  defending of the impact of the stimulus. that this is completely undeserved .
- Buying bottled water from drought stricken California.  Crazier than buying water from Fiji?
- “For more Americans to choose healthier food they must have a basic sense of security about their future.” 
- A decade and a half after Bowling Alone  (which I reviewed here ), our un-neighborliness continues to increase–with consequences for our health and our politics .
- If you have tried to walk anywhere on windy, overly wide suburban roads with no services for miles, you know the frustration that would make anyone give up walking-and active lifestyles overall .
- The small minority of scientists who maintain contrarian views on climate change are asked far more frequently to pontificate to the media than their peers , which feeds the continuing unbalanced coverage in the media of climate change–see John Oliver for a more balanced approach .
- Meanwhile, the worst case scenarios for climate change are looking worse as Antarctic ice has the potential to cause more sea rise and faster than previously thought. 
- Is air-conditioning Sustainable (in the multi-faceted capital-S sense )? Well we can certainly agree that it has remade us .
- Title says it all: “Not a single person has died using bike share in the US.” 
Footnotes [ +  ]
|1.||↑||Who wrote a whole book  defending of the impact of the stimulus.|